Thursday, August 19, 2021

REVIEW: The Space Between Worlds

 The Space Between Worlds
Author: Micaiah Johnson


Cara travels the Multiverse. There are 380 Earths that have been identified....and multiverse travelers can go to any of them. There is just one rule -- a person can only travel to versions of Earth where that version of themselves has already died. Cara can travel pretty widely....as she has died on 372 of the Multiverse versions of Earth. But the death of one of those 8 surviving versions of Cara will lead her to discover a secret....something that was never supposed to be revealed. 

I enjoyed this story! The concept of a Multiverse is interesting to me in itself....and the plot kept me engaged in this story from start to finish. The author does a good job of world-building and character development. The plot moved along at a good speed. I was definitely never bored! After I finished reading, I ended up down a rabbit hole of Multiverse videos on Youtube. It definitely opens up a whole category of What-Ifs! 

I read a review copy and also listened to the audio book from my local library when the book released. Narrated by Nicole Lewis, the audio is just shy of 12 hours long. Lewis reads at a steady pace and has a pleasant voice. She does a good job of voice acting. Very entertaining listening experience!

This is the first book by Micaiah Johnson that I've read. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more by her! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy (and listened to the audio book) of this book from Random House/Ballentine. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**




No comments:

Post a Comment