Sunday, October 7, 2018

REVIEW: The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle

The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle
Author: Stuart Turton

This book is so creatively twisted and awesome! It's like Agatha Christie meets Groundhog Day. Aiden Bishop has to solve a murder. Evelyn Hardcastle will die over and over again.....and Aiden will witness the event repeatedly, each time living it as a different eye-witness. His only escape from the loop will be to solve the case. Who killed Evelyn Hardcastle...and why?

At first I had a bit of a confusing time settling into this story....but once I figured out what was going on, I couldn't stop reading. While the basic plot idea -- reliving an event over and over -- isn't anything new, I love how it's applied here. The concept of investigating a murder by re-living the event within the consciousness of different people who were there.....just awesome! Very creative. Very twisty. A bit confusing here and there....but it was meant to be that way.

Very well-written. I really enjoyed this story! Looking forward to  more by this author!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Sourcebooks via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment