Saturday, October 6, 2018

REVIEW: Believe Me

Believe Me
Author: J.P. Delaney

This is the most twisted story I've read in a long time! I got sucked into the story quickly and couldn't put the book down! Deeply disturbing...dark....and mesmerizing.

Claire Wright is a struggling actress. To fund her dreams, she works for a law firm. She isn't a paralegal. Or an assistant. Or anything run-of-the-mill like that. She is....a trap. Claire tricks men. With a hidden camera in her purse and her acting talent, she works as a decoy for Kerr-Adler to provide proof of infidelity in divorce cases. Things work out pretty well at first....until she is assigned to trap Patrick Fogler. When his wife Stella is found murdered, Claire knows she is in over her head, but she can't stop. Not only is she accused of stealing money from the dead woman's hotel room, but she's strangely attracted to Patrick. And it only gets worse.

So many twists. So disturbing and demented. But it works. All of the characters are completely unlikable. I wasn't sympathetic to a single one. But, I couldn't stop reading. Just when I thought things couldn't possibly get any more strange and horrible....they always did.

Awesome psychological thriller! Very well-written and quite disturbing! Not, not, not for the faint of heart! J.P. Delaney is a pseudonym used by author Tony Strong. I will definitely be reading more by this author, as soon as I recover from the creepiness I'm still feeling from this one! I feel like I need to take about 4 showers and watch Disney  movies for a week just to recover. ha ha :) A book that creeps me out this badly deserves full stars. Very well written!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Random House/Ballentine via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment