Saturday, October 27, 2018

REVIEW: The Guilty Dead

The Guilty Dead
Author: P.J. Tracy

The Guilty Dead is the 9th book in the Monkeewrench series. Gregory Norwood, a wealthy Minnesota businessman with political ties, is found dead of an apparent suicide on the one-year anniversary of his son's death by overdose. The police believe it's an open and shut case at first until they find another body at the scene. The case quickly escalates into a complex murder investigation. The local police are also dealing with terrorist threats related to tracking software being tested by the FBI. The software, developed by Monkeewrench, will enable law enforcement to track terrorists world-wide.

This book is complex with lots of action, intrigue, murder and mayhem. The characters are all well developed with their own individual strengths and weaknesses. This is the first book in the Monkeewrench series that I have read. I think I might have understood the characters, the software company and some of the nuances of the plot better if I had read more of the series. I enjoyed this story despite jumping into things on the 9th book. I'm going to backtrack and start at the beginning...then re-read this book when I through the first 8 of this series. I definitely liked the characters, the suspense and the premise of this book. I think I would enjoy it more a second time after learning more background on the characters and Monkeewrench. I already have book 1 on hold at my local library!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Crooked Lane via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment