Saturday, February 16, 2019

REVIEW: The Beast's Heart

The Beast's Heart
Author: Leife Shallcross

The Beast's Heart is a Beauty and the Beast re-telling. It's a bit different than most as the story is told from the Beast's perspective.

I enjoyed this story. Shallcross' writing has a lyrical, fairy-tale feel to it. I liked the imagery and descriptions. It builds the emotion of the characters and the story to maximum...but it does make the story progress more slowly. If looking for a story that makes you feel all the feels...this is perfect. For those who want a more gripping, story-centric reading experience...this might not be your thing.

While this book is YA appropriate, it does have some very dark topics and imagery including abuse and attempted suicide.

All in all, I enjoyed this re-telling of my favorite fairy tale. The story is magical, heart-felt, emotional....and the Beast finally gets to tell things from his side!

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from Berkley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment