Wednesday, February 13, 2019

REVIEW: Murders and Metaphors

Murders and Metaphors
Author: Amanda Flower

Murders and Metaphors is the third book in the Magical Bookshop Mystery series. I love this series! The thought of a magical bookstore with an enchanted tree growing in the middle makes me happy in itself. Add in that customers visiting Charming Books get magically matched with the perfect books.....and I'm just totally sucked in by this series. I wish Charming Books were real! I would be there all the time! :) I wonder what my perfect book would be??

Violet Waverly runs Charming Books with her grandmother Daisy. She's taken over as caretaker of the shop and the magical tree as well. It's been six months since she left her old life to come back to Cascade Springs, NY to help her grandmother. While she loves the shop and her grandmother.....Violet has already had to solve two murders (with the help of her grandmother, the magical shop, Emerson the Cat and a crow named Faulkner, of course). Surely things will calm down now.....

But, of course, that doesn't happen. An author is stabbed to death with a grape cutting knife at the annual Morton Vineyard ice wine harvest. Violet, Daisy and the Red Inkers writing group are back on the case! Who put the wine expert on ice? Violet is determined to catch the killer!

This story is a great addition to this delightful cozy series! The mystery is interesting and engaging with plenty of twists and suspense. I like Violet as a main character. The side characters are all quirky and awesome. In this newest book, there are some nice developments in background story and character development. Can't wait to see how things develop in future books! The last few pages made me smile. Grandma Daisy is coming into her own! :) I was a bit surprised by the solution to the mystery, although it does make perfect sense. I just didn't see it coming. All in all, a very entertaining and fun read. I love Emerson and Faulkner. My favorite character though is Daisy....she's just lovely...and feisty when she needs to be!

Amanda Flower never disappoints. I enjoy every book I read by her. I will definitely continue reading this series. Her Magic Garden series, Amish Candy Shop cozies and Appleseed Creek series are also favorites.

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment