Thursday, February 7, 2019

REVIEW: Creepy Schools

Creepy Schools
Author: Kathryn Camisa

Creepy Schools is part of the 16-book Tiptoe into Scary Places series for kids! I came across these books on my library's digital site and just had to read them! I'm a sucker for spooky stories -- even versions for kids -- so I'm glad the library added some of the books in this series.

Each story in this book about spooky happenings at schools is illustrated with full-color photos and artwork. The books are very visually appealing with interesting and varied page layouts. This would be a good series to entice a reluctant reader to enjoy a book! I can also see some great uses in classrooms....writing prompts for students to write their own ghost stories at Halloween time, group reading, or just as fun, supplementary reading. Each book has a glossary of ghostly terms used in the stories, a short bibliography, a suggested reading list and weblink for kids who want to learn more about ghosts and scary places.

Creepy Schools is age appropriate for elementary students or middle grade. The tales are spooky but not overly scary.

I'm definitely going to read more of this series, and purchase a couple of the titles to send to my grand kids at Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment