Tuesday, March 26, 2019

REVIEW: The Graveyard Speaks

The Graveyard Speaks
Author: Hunter Shea

Jessica Backman is a ghost hunter. She learned everything she knows from her father who was obsessed with the paranormal. This time, she's called to a cemetery in the Bronx. Nobody will go anywhere near the grave of Meredith Spooner. Each night a terrifying black entity rises from the grave. Jessica is called in to investigate. Turns out, there is more going on than she expected....

The Graveyard Speaks is a short story. It's part of the Jessica Backman series. There are 3 books so far. This story figures in after the first book....so I need to backtrack and read book one, Forest of Shadows. That book introduces Jessica and her father, giving a bit more background into the family and Jessica's start into ghost hunting.

I enjoyed this story despite not being familiar with the characters or background. It's a nice intro to the series. I'm definitely going to read the books. This story was creepy and interesting!

I'm already a big Hunter Shea fan. He has creeped me out with all manner of monsters -- spooky fungus, huge rats, a giant dinosaur eating Florida.....  I'm perfectly happy to let him scare me with ghosts, too. I'm always up for a good monster or ghost story! The creepier the better! So I'm definitely up for the Jessica Backman series. Got book 1 queued up and ready to go!

**I voluntarily read a free copy of this short story. The story is available for free on his website...HunterShea.com. Download...enjoy....review. Of course, the free story did not have any bearing on my review. All opinions expressed in this review (and every review I write) are entirely my own. Free stories/books. Purchased stories/books. Borrowed stories/books. ARC stories/books.....all the same. Ethics, dudes. Ethics. Can you tell I am fully caffeinated today? I'm mellow. :) **

No comments:

Post a Comment