Tuesday, March 5, 2019

REVIEW: Spooky Libraries

Spooky Libraries
Author: Jessica Rudolph

Spooky Libraries is part of the Tiptoe Into Spooky Places Series. There are 16 books in the series, transporting kids to all sorts of scary places like mummy tombs, horrific hotels, and haunted locations. Fun! I love spooky stories....even children's stories....so when my library added this book, I just had to read it! I'm glad I did.

Each page is nicely illustrated with full color photos and artwork. The book is visually appealing so it might be a great book to entice reluctant readers to enjoy reading. In the back of the book is a glossary of ghostly terms used in the stories, a short bibliography, a suggested reading list and a weblink for kids who want to learn more about ghostly topics. This book -- and series -- could easily be used in a classroom as a writing prompt, group reading, solo reading or just a fun activity.

All of the stories are age appropriate for elementary to middle grade students. The stories are spooky but not overly scary.

I'm definitely going to read more in this series, and buy a book or two to send my grand kids at Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment