Monday, March 25, 2019

REVIEW: My Lovely Wife

My Lovely Wife
Author: Samantha Downing

This story is a wickedly twisted, demented look into the perfect marriage from hell. The couple is well-suited. In fact, they were probably made just for each other. Soul mates. The problem is.... well, they kill people. Together. Because they like it.

Yeah. The sort of happily married couple you DON'T want for neighbors. Nope, nope, nope.

Millicent and her hubby live in the 'burbs. They have two teenage kids. Her husband works as a tennis instructor. And he's the perfect husband....he would do anything for his lovely wife, including kidnapping and torturing people.

The entire time I was reading this book I kept thinking "Oh my God, these two people are horrible, vile, scary human beings!'' But I couldn't put the book down. I had to know what they were doing, thinking, planning next. The story is suspenseful, creative and disturbingly different. I was totally caught up in the plot. Murderous couple kills here and there....everything is fine. They keep up their facade as a happy suburban couple. Then things start to go wrong.....perfect couples don't always stay perfect, right? And the ending.....it was perfect. Spot on.

Loved it! Completely and deliciously twisted! I can't wait to read more by this author!

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from Berkley via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment