Tuesday, March 12, 2019

REVIEW: Something Read, Something Dead

Something Read, Something Dead
Author: Eva Gates

Something Read, Something Dead is the 5th book in the Lighthouse Library mystery series. I enjoy the series for its characters, humor and mystery plots....but also because the series is set in Nags Head, NC. I love to visit Nags Head! I've been to the Bodie Island Lighthouse -- climbed to the top, bought the t-shirt, love the place! So, being a Carolinian, I love this cozy mystery series!

I will say that I do have to suspend reality while I read these books. Bodie Lighthouse in the books and the real deal are quite different. Bodie Lighthouse is not big enough to house a library and an apartment...not even close. It's basically big enough to house the winding staircase to the top, and that's it. But I'm willing to forget that and enjoy imagining what it would be like for the tall, magestic, black and white striped landmark to house a library. :)

In this 5th visit to the Bodie Island Lighthouse Library, Librarian Lucy Richardson has a lot going on. Her cousin Josie is trying to plan her wedding, but apparently not fast enough for her Grandma Gloria. Gloria shows up with wedding planners in tow, expecting to take over the arrangements. Fussing about the venues, caterers, menus, dresses, etc ensues. All that fuss alone causes enough commotion all by itself....but it gets fundamentally worse when one of the planners drops dead at the wedding shower. Then a contractor finds major foundation damage to the lighthouse. Lucy is beside herself trying to investigate a murder....and save the library.

Great addition to this fun series. I love the mix of humor, mystery and NC coast quirkiness. :) I highly recommend both reading this series and visiting Nags Head! :)

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from Crooked Lane via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own. This review is gluten free.**

No comments:

Post a Comment