Wednesday, September 18, 2019

REVIEW: 100 Word Horrors - An Anthology of Horror Drabbles

100 Word Horrors - An Anthology of Horror Drabbles
Author: Various
Compiled by: Kevin J. Kennedy

Well, I'm proud to announce that even at 50+, I still learn something new (often more than one thing) every day. Yesterday I learned this word: Drabble. A drabble is a piece of fiction writing that is exactly 100 words long. And I will make up a word of my own to describe this book:  Drabblicious!

I went shopping with my husband yesterday. We ventured forth on an all-day adventure to a nearby large city to pick up monthly staples. The last stop....the game store....for card sleeves (3 new Legendary expansions needed sleeves before we could play. Yeah...I know...Nerd Alert and all that). But I digress....   I was worn out so I sat in the car and started reading this book on my phone. Little horror snippets.....some disturbing, some creepy, others gross. But all entertaining! Great quick read! All of the contributors did a marvelous job of conveying true horror in just 100 words. So much fun to read! And definitely a great book to read as Fall approaches. Halloween is my favorite holiday....and this book did a great job kicking off the pre-Halloween season for me!

This is the first book/collection offered by Kevin J.  Kennedy that I have read. I'm definitely going to read more! He has several other horror collections including Collected Christmas Horror Shorts, Carnival of Horror, and (the one I'm going to read next) Collected Halloween Horror Shorts. I will be happily set up with great short horror fiction for quite some time. Thanks Kevin! :)

The front cover art for this book is just awesome! :)

And I'm going to try my hand at writing some drabbles. I think leading up to Halloween I'm going to challenge my family and friends to write some scary shorts and share them.....winner announced at our annual Halloween party (with a cool prize of course -- a paperback copy of this book!)

Horror enthusiasts -- Support Indy Authors!  This book is available at several online bookseller sites (Wordery, B&N, and Amazon all have it just to name a few) and check with your local brick & mortar....they can probably order a copy! It is listed on Kindle Unlimited as well. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment