Friday, September 13, 2019

REVIEW: The Family Friendly Keto Instant Pot Cookbook

The Family Friendly Keto Instant Pot Cookbook
Author: Anna Hunley

I love my Instant Pot! I've only had it a little over a month, but use it daily. It replaced my crock pots, my stovetop pressure cooker, yogurt maker and vegetable steamer. It's easy to use and so versatile. I'm always looking for new recipes and ways to use my IP, so I jumped right on this cookbook. We don't follow the Keto diet but we do stick to a low carb diet so the recipes in this book are perfect!

The recipes in this book are varied and easy to make. It doesn't require being an Instant Pot or Keto expert. There are introductory chapters on both. The explanations of the diet and how to use an IP are not lengthy....just a bit of detail to help beginners. From dough made from mozzarella cheese to almond flour cinnamon coffee cake there are many grain carb replacement ideas in this cookbook! For me, that is a plus. I try to use almond or coconut flour in place of wheat or other grains. So glad I can now bake coffee cake in my IP! The recipes range from IP stand-bys like egg bites and chili to more adventurous foods like stuffed chicken breasts and lobster tails.

The cooking directions are simple. I like the page layout. Each recipe has the ingredients list on the left, followed by any IP accessories required (like a trivet, egg mold, springform pan, etc). Cooking instructions are clear and concise. Macro information for those following the Keto diet are at the bottom of each recipe page. There are many full color photos throughout.

I am definitely ordering a copy of this book for my cookbook collection!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this cookbook from Quarto Publishing via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment