Monday, September 16, 2019

REVIEW: Hellrider

Hellrider
Author: JG Faherty

Eddie Ryder might have been a snitch....but he didn't deserve to be burned to death by the Hell Riders. The members of the biker gang were once his friends, but now he wants to kill them all. But...being dead and all....he has to learn how to go from just floating around to handing out justice. Violent justice.

As I read this book, I could see this being a really fun, slightly cheesy, late night horror movie. I would watch it! I was even doing the casting in my head......   For Eddie, I would cast Austin Amelio (played Dwight on The Walking Dead). I even heard the dialoge in his voice as I read. :)

Although the plot was really nothing new, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. There are a few rough scenes involving adult situations (rape, sodomy, violent murder) and some rough language, so this book is not for the faint of heart (or kids). Those scenes are not all that graphic....but the subject matter is there. Be aware. If that type of violence in horror stories is not for you.....skip this one.

Quick read. Entertaining plot. Interesting take on the ghost-seeks-revenge storyline. This is the first book by this author that I have read, but he has written many, many horror novels and stories. I will definitely be reading more of them!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Flame Tree Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment