Saturday, September 14, 2019

REVIEW: And Then They Were Doomed

And Then They Were Doomed
Author: Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli

Zoe Zola receives a strange black-edged invitation to an Agatha Christie symposium. Its appearance brings back horrible memories from her past. She decides to go and confront her personal demons -- and horrible relatives, if they are behind the invite -- so she can finally move on with her life. The event is at a strange, isolated hunting lodge. Zoe is one of 10 speakers attending the event. It isn't lost on her that each one seems to have something in common with characters from And Then There Were None, a famous Christie novel. But she's stuck and can't leave -- the road is washed out. When presenters start disappearing, Zoe fears she will be next. Will Jenny Weston arrive before Zoe becomes a victim?

I love the fact that Zoe is the main character in this 4th book in the Little Library Mysteries series! She is my favorite character in the series and is usually just a side plot enhancer. This time she is in the forefront, dealing with a spooky situation in the middle of nowhere. I liked how the plot linked up here and there with Christie's famous story. I was on the edge of my seat when presenters started to disappear......   Yikes!

Nice character development in this latest book. I still don't fully like Jenny Weston....she's just a bit too flighty and whiny for me. I did love the ending of the story. I sort of had an idea what it might be...but the actual end was a surprise. Nicely done!

Enjoyable story! It definitely kept my attention from start to finish. I will be eagerly awaiting the next book in this series.

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Crooked Lane via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment