Monday, September 23, 2019

REVIEW: Haunted House Murder

Haunted House Murder
Authors: Leslie Meier, Lee Hollis & Barbara Ross

I love the Christmas theme cozy mystery novellas that come out every holiday season. This year, I spied this one -- Halloween theme! Oh yeah -- gotta read it! :) It was not a difficult decision. Pretty much instantaneous.

Haunted House Murder gathers 3 cozy short mysteries: Haunted House Murder featuring Lucy Stone; Death by Haunted House, featuring characters from the Food & Cocktails series; and, Hallowed Out, an addition to the Main Clambake Mystery series. While I have read some of the Lucy Stone books, the Food & Cocktail and Maine Clambake series were both new to me. After reading these novellas, I'm going to check out both of those series. I liked the characters, the plot/writing style, and the mysteries were entertaining. My favorite of the was Hallowed Out. At first I thought a seafood themed cozy might be a bit weird....but the characters are quirky and fun and I enjoyed the story. :)

All in all, a fun Halloween theme cozy story collection. A quick read that I thoroughly enjoyed! I will be checking out more from all 3 authors!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Kensington via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment