Saturday, August 8, 2020

REVIEW: The Outsider

The Outsider
Author: Linda Castillo

The Kate Burkholder series is one of my favorites. I eagerly await each book in this series and hide myself away with a cup of tea and my cat to binge read it immediately. Covid19 and my insane work schedule made me have to wait awhile for my binge-session...but once I got a free evening, I was glued to my kindle savoring every single word of this book!

The Outsider is the 12th book in the series. It's best to read the books in order. There's a lot of background and character development that would be missed by reading out of order, in my opinion. 

The basics: Kate Burkholder grew up Amish in Painters Mill. After a horrific ordeal as a teenager, she left the faith and later became a police officer. Then she returned to Painters Mill as the area Police Chief. In this newest book, her past in training and as an officer in Columbus, OH come back to haunt her. A fellow officer and friend shows up in Painters Mill, but she's wanted for killing an officer in Columbus. Kate tries to investigate the incident, but meets with warnings and stonewalling, slowly revealing possible police corruption. 

I am never disappointed by this series. Great plot, awesome suspense and action, plus interesting character development. I enjoyed this book! I can't wait for the next novel or short story in this series! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St. Martin's Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment