Tuesday, August 11, 2020

REVIEW: Stoker's Wilde West

Stoker's Wilde West
Author:  Steven Hopstaken, Melissa Prusi

I loved the first book in this series, Stoker's Wilde...so of course I had to read this new book.  Bram Stoker, Oscar Wilde and the Roosevelts fighting vampires in the Old West. Yee Haw! Wouldn't miss that sort of epic combination for any reason! 

The bare basics: A group of vampire outlaws rob a train. Bad things happen, dragging the guys into trouble again. The group finds themselves pursued by an undead bounty hunter. The story has the same vibe as the first novel -- action, humor and monster hunting craziness.....all told through letters and diary/journal entries. 

Awesomely, fun read! I'm not going to say anything more about the plot, as it's more fun to go into it without any knowledge above basic events. The humor is wonderful. The characters are incredibly entertaining. The action is over-the-top fun. And, it's a great homage to Dracula. 

Full stars from me again! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Flame Tree Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment