Tuesday, August 18, 2020

REVIEW: Death at High Tide

Death at High Tide
Author: Hannah Dennison

Evie Mead's life takes a huge turn when first her husband dies unexpectedly and then she finds she is the owner of a hotel in the Isles of Sicily. Evie travels with her sister Margot to have a look at the place. They are met with hostility from the man who states he owns the hotel and proclaims he never met Evie's husband. Then dead bodies start turning up....and unfortunately at high tide there is no way off the island. Immediately viewed as suspects in the murders, Evie and Margot investigate to find a killer. 

This is the first book I've read by Hannah Dennison. I love it when I find a new-to-me author that I enjoy! This book was an enjoyable read for me....a bit of a gothic type feel, a lovely setting, and an interesting mystery. Very engaging! The pacing was perfect....the characters engaging. I can't wait to read more of this series! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St. Martin's Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment