Sunday, August 9, 2020

REVIEW: The Rise of Zombert

The Rise of Zombert
Author: Kara LaReau

OMG....I had so much fun reading this book! When I get stressed (which is like all the time at the moment), I turn to children's books for some much needed entertainment and brain cleansing. When I saw the awesome cover art for this book, I knew I needed to read it..and just have a night immersed in a fun story!

This book was just what I needed!

Mellie and her best buddy, Danny, are working on Danny's latest horror movie idea. While filming outside the YummCo Factory, Mellie discovers a strange looking cat behind a dumpster. He looks half dead...and Mellie decides to bring him home. But she has to hide him in her room because her parents would never let him keep the cat. Bert has some strange behaviors....   For one thing, he eats animal heads. Like....only the heads. Danny thinks the cat is a zombie. Mellie wants to discover the truth about Bert who escaped from the YummCo Factory. Could Bert actually be an undead cat??

This book is fun, cute and entertaining! The front cover art is perfect. Some of the characters are a bit over the top...but I'm ok with that. Mellie and Danny are great main characters. And Bert is just himself....lol

Any middle grade kid who likes zany horror stories would enjoy this book! I look forward to more from this author! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Candlewick Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment