Saturday, August 15, 2020

REVIEW: Frog and Toad Together - Audio Collection

Frog and Toad Together: Audio Collection
Author/Illustrator/Narrator: Arnold Lobel

I have an old 1970s copy of Frog & Toad Together that sits on the top of the shelves in my home office along with two other children's books that I have loved since I was a little girl. It isn't my original copy from 1972...but one I bought later for my youngest son. In my opinion, every child should be friends with Frog & Toad....so I found an exact copy of the one I had as a girl and we read it many, many times when my littlest tot was still small. He's 16 and taller than me now....so Frog & Toad wait in the ready for grandchildren to visit the house. 

I got an email recently from Harper Collins that said: Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Frog and Toad with new and classic stories. I had no idea it was Frog and Toad's birthday!!!  Well -- Happy Birthday to my two favorite green buddies!!! (sorry Kermit....you come in 3rd, followed by Oscar the Grouch)

I logged into my library's site and checked out the Frog and Toad Audio Collection. This audio book gathers the stories from Frog and Toad are Friends, Frog and Toad All Year, Frog and Toad Together, and Days with Frog and Toad. 

My favorite story is still In the Garden. Toad learns that gardening requires patience. There are times when I have been tempted to stand next to my newly planted garden in the spring and yell "Now Seeds....Start Growing!!!'' .....just in case Toad had a good idea after all. :) 

The total running length of this audiobook collection is about 24 minutes. I listened while I cooked breakfast before going to work. What a nice start to my day! 

I had a lovely visit with two childhood friends! Kids (and older fans of the green duo) would love this audiobook either to accompany looking at the art in the books or just the audio alone. Lobel reads in a very entertaining manner. It reminded me of the elementary school librarian reading to us while we sat on our mats back in the day....  :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment