Monday, January 28, 2019

REVIEW: Dead as a Door Knocker

Dead as a Door Knocker
Author: Diane Kelly

Whitney Whitaker is a property manager and carpenter in Nashville, TN. When one of her developer clients wants to off load a house, she jumps in to buy it, intending to fix it up and flip the property. The project is difficult from the start. First, bad wiring causes a fire, quickly followed up by Whitney finding a dead body buried in the flower bed. Her house flipping days might be over before they even really start!

I enjoyed this first book in the House-Flipper Mystery series. Whitney is an interesting and intelligent main character. Her cat has the cutest name ever -- Sawdust. I liked the setting, the background theme and the side characters in this new series. Cute, creative idea! I felt sorry for Whitney.....she wants to build her business, expanding into renovation projects....but gets waylaid by fire and dead bodies. Yikes! What a way to start a new business venture!

This is the first book by Diane Kelly that I've read. She also writes the Paw Enforcement and Tara Holloway mystery series. I'm definitely going to read more by this author. I like her writing style and the mix of humor and mystery.

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from St Martins Press via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment