Wednesday, January 2, 2019

REVIEW: Kill Creek

Kill Creek
Author: Scott Thomas

I love haunted house stories. Always have. I was really in the mood to read some good ones...so I posted on Goodreads asking for suggestions from friends. Several people recommended Kill Creek, so I grabbed the audio book.

Wow! I'm so glad they suggested this book -- it's a great haunted house story! And a great listen on audio!

The audio book is almost 16 hours long and narrated by Bernard Setaro Clark. Clark has a nice voice and reads at a steady pace. I have partial hearing loss that at times makes audio books difficult to understand, but I was easily able to hear and understand this entire book. Listening to this story added another dimension to its creepiness....there's just something about having a scary tale read to you!

The basics: Four horror writers are invited to a Halloween night interview session at a famous haunted house. The Finch House in Kansas has a reputation for being haunted and dangerous. The house has been closed for decades, but has been cleaned and prepared for this publicity stunt. Video and audio from the interview will be streamed live, posted online and used every which way to gain attention for the media outlet sponsoring it, and the authors themselves. But turns out the attention and online exposure is not enough to make a night in the Finch House worth it. The cost to all involved will be high.

I loved this book! The plot is very creepy and suspenseful! I liked how all of the authors write in the horror genre, but they are all very different from each other. Each one reacts to the situation differently as well. The story is well-written and kept my attention from beginning to end. And speaking of the end....I didn't see it coming. Lots of twists and turns in this tale!

Great listen! So happy my friends at Goodreads recommended this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment