Thursday, January 24, 2019

REVIEW: The Judgment of Osiris

The Judgment of Osiris
Author: Theresa Crater

I have always enjoyed tales of Egypt ever since I watched documentaries about the pyramids and ancient Eqyptian history as a child. I'm getting ready to read a novel set in Egypt by this indy author, but decided to read this short story first.

The basics: An Egyptian tour guide accepts a strange gift from a rival guide. The contents take him on an unexpected trip to the underworld.

Owen is the perfect main character for this story. He loves Egypt....the people, history, relics, Gods....he loves it all. Then he gets the ultimate of tours....

I like the author's writing style. She doesn't over-tell or go into long unnecessary descriptions. She gives enough details to let readers' imaginations pull them into the story. Nicely done!

I have Theresa Crater's book, Under the Stone Paw, at the top of the queue on my Kindle. Definitely geared up to read it now! I loved the ancient Egyptian myth, history and setting in this story. Can't wait to get more in Under the Stone Paw!

**I voluntarily read a free copy of this short story provided to me by the author. All opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment