Friday, January 18, 2019

REVIEW: Identity Thief

Identity Thief
Author: Rachel Rosenthal

The This Can't Be Happening Collection from Audible/Amazon Originals gathers four stories about people getting through their worst personal moments with strength and determination. Identity Thief is the second story I have read in this collection. While I loved the story and was totally engaged from start to finish, it was difficult to get through. It broke my heart to hear about a young woman going through so much stress and hardship. In her early 20's, Rachel was the victim of identity theft and fraud. There were multiple unexplained charges and withdrawals on her bank accounts, mysterious calls from creditors, and checks disappearing from her apartment. When she discovered the truth about the situation, it almost destroyed her. Lovely story about a talented, strong, awesome woman.....but heart-breaking as well.

I listened to the audio book version of this story. At just over an hour, it's a quick, easy listen. Rachel Rosenthal reads her own story, so the emotion behind her performance is real. I have partial hearing loss, but was easily able to hear and understand the entire audio book.

Rosenthal is a comedian and improv performance artist. I've never seen her perform, but would love to experience her comedy now that I've heard about one of the darkest events in her life. All in all, a great story of a woman developing her own sense of self through determination and strength.

I'm enjoying this story collection so far. I'm definitely going to listen to the other two stories in this collection. Amazon Originals are a hit & miss thing for me sometimes....but this collection seems to be one I can dig into and enjoy.

On to the next! :) This is a great set of stories to listen to as I clean up/re-organize my house now that the holiday season is over and the new year has started. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment