Tuesday, January 29, 2019

REVIEW: A Dog Called Jack

A Dog Called Jack
Author: Ivy Pembroke

Jack is a dog. He used to live in a house on Christmas Street...but his family moved and left him behind. But don't worry about good ol' Jack. Now he belongs to everyone on the street. He visits all the neighbors up and down the street. They all feed, pat and love Jack. But the best part? Jack makes a huge difference to everyone on Christmas Street. By the time he's done wagging and working his doggie magic, the neighborhood will be transformed.

I love this book! My favorite character is the gruff curmudgeon, Bill Hammersley. He's determined to dislike the new neighbors the minute he sees the pink flamingo in their yard. But he learns a lot of lessons in this story....as do all the residents on Christmas Street.  A little abandoned dog brings a neighborhood together as a family. Just a sweet story!! As soon as I finished reading my digital review copy, I preordered a print copy of this book. It's going on my keeper shelf. I will definitely be re-reading this happy story many times!

Ivy Pembroke has written two other books about Christmas Street: Snowflakes on Christmas Street and A Wedding on Christmas Street. Romancey stories aren't my usual genre, but I loved A Dog Called Jack....so I'm going to read the other two books! Even I need a feel-good, happy story once in awhile! Perfect reads for cold winter nights.

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from Kensington via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own. My dogs wholeheartedly agree with my review and give it a full four paws!**

No comments:

Post a Comment