Saturday, January 26, 2019

REVIEW: Love

Love
Author: Stacy McAnulty
Illustrations: Joanne Lew-Vriethoff

Every year right after Christmas the commercialized Valentine's Day stuff appears in stores. Red and pink everywhere. Cute, mushy, suggestive. The word love splashed everywhere. But love isn't chocolates, cupcakes, bright greeting cards, stuffed animals or dinner out. It's so much more....

Stacy McAnulty's book about love shows that love is in everyday things....in our actions, words and caring for others. The illustrations carefully teach a lesson that love has nothing to do with a commercialized holiday....and everything to do with how we value those around us. Lovely book! I'm ordering a copy for my grand kids!

The Illustrations by Joanne Lew-Vriethoff are beautiful! Colorful, interesting and meaningful! The cover art pulled me in and got me to read this children's book. I'm glad I did....it really has an awesome message! I think my grand kids will really enjoy it!

This is the first book by Stacy McAnulty I've read. She has several others that Joanne Lew-Vriethoff also illustrated. I'm sure I will be reading and buying more!

**I voluntarily read a sample copy of this children's book. All opinions expressed are entirely myt own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment