Tuesday, February 27, 2018

REVIEW: Doctor Who - The 5 Doctors

Doctor Who - The 5 Doctors
Author: Terrance Dicks

The Five Doctors is a special Doctor Who movie special that aired in 1983. I have never seen the movie, but when I saw this audiobook from the novelization, I just had to listen to it! Jon Culshaw narrates perfectly! I had so much fun listening to his performance!

The five doctors and several companions are kidnapped from their different times and all (well with the exception of the 4th doctor who is stuck in a time anomaly. This is because Tom Baker declined to be in the movie, and they used scenes from an episode to fill in his on-camera scenes) are thrown into the Death Zone, a very dangerous area on Gallifrey. They battle Cybermen, Daleks, Yeti, traps, illusions and even The Master! Great Classic Who adventure!

The audiobook is just under 3.5 hours long. The production quality is great, as usual with BBC Audio presentations.

I highly recommend this to anyone who likes Classic Who. Now I need to go watch the movie -- and even listen to the Riff Trax version. :) I never watched the movie because my favorite Doctor -- The Fourth -- wasn't in it much. Silly me!


No comments:

Post a Comment