Sunday, February 11, 2018

REVIEW: Pest Control

Doctor Who: Pest Control
Author: Peter Anghelides

I did not realize how much I missed Donna Noble and the 10th Doctor until I started listening to this audiobook. Donna Noble's sass and the Doctor's humor come out within the first minute of the production and it doesn't stop until the very end! Great chemistry! David Tennant, as narrator, does a wonderful imitation of Catherine Tate's Donna. I could envision the actress in my head saying the lines. :) Ahhhh, the wonderous days of the 10th Doctor. I miss him! (Tom Baker as Doctor #4 is still my favorite....but David Tennant as #10 is a very close second).

There's a little bit of everything in this adventure.....battlefield action, warrior centaurs, giant beetles, a lost TARDIS and a violent exterminator robot. I loved it! The best part was when the doctor introduced himself and Donna Noble as Doctor McCoy and Captain Kirk. :) Great Doctor Who adventure!

As usual, this BBC audiobook is great -- nice sound effects and perfect narration and acting by David Tennant. At almost 2.5 hours long, the audiobook is of easy listening length. I enjoyed listening while doing household chores and driving in my car. Very enjoyable story!

I'm definitely going to listen to more of these BBC Doctor Who audiobooks read by David Tennant. So far I have loved every one I've listened to!


No comments:

Post a Comment