Friday, February 9, 2018

REVIEW: How to Train Your Dragon

How to Train Your Dragon
Author: Cressida Cowell

At the moment, I'm reading an intense historical fiction novel set in Italy during WWII. After awhile I need a break from such a serious subject. I came across this lovely audiobook narrated by David Tennant, and knew that was just the thing I needed to listen to! I'm glad I did! Before now, I had only seen the animated movie of this story. I had never read the book. I love the movie.....but the book is so much better!

Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III is the son of a chief. While that's pretty cool in itself, he still has to prove that he can catch and train his own dragon to become a real member of the Hairy Hooligans Tribe. He's a bit worried about it. The other boys have given him some great nicknames like "Useless''....so anyone can understand why he is a bit afraid of failing and being exiled. He and all the other Boys go on their adventure to capture their dragons.....and he does manage to get one. But, it's the smallest dragon anyone has ever seen.....and it won't listen to him. Somehow he has to train Toothless before the ceremony.....will he manage?

OMG! This story is soooooo cute! And, listening to David Tennant do all the voices is such a hoot!! This unabridged audiobook version is just a bit over 3.5 hours long. David Tennant reads at a nice even speed, and acts out the action very well. I have hearing loss, but I was easily able to hear and understand everything.

I had a great time listening and rooting for Hiccup & Toothless! :) There were some scenes that actually had me laughing out loud. :) Great book! I'm going to rewatch the movie now......both are very enjoyable.


No comments:

Post a Comment