Friday, February 16, 2018

REVIEW: Red, White and Blueberry Murder

Red, White and Blueberry Murder
Author: Susan Gillard

Heather Janke's favorite customer, Eva Schneider, is in the hospital in a coma. Someone attacked her and hit her over the head. Heather is in total shock. Who would want to hurt Eva? She's a sweet, elderly woman with seemingly no enemies. So who hit her over the head? Donut Delights is just not the same without Eva coming in for a doughnut and coffee each morning. Despite her detective boyfriend's wishes that she not investigate crimes, Heather feels this attack makes this case personal. Ryan might get upset with her....but she is going to find out who hurt Eva!

This series is light reading. The plots are not complex, and the stories are all relatively short. But I like the main characters and the doughnut shop theme is entertaining. At times I do have to suspend reality a bit...but that's a common occurrence with cozy mysteries. I've had these ebooks on my Kindle for a long time.....and I'm trying to make a concentrated effort to clear out my bookshelves and my digital tbr pile this year. So.....reading through the Donut Hole series finally! The stories can get a bit trope-y at times, but they are entertaining enough to keep me reading.

Red, White and Blueberry Murder is the 7th book in the Donut Hole series. There are 60 books in the series. I have a lot of reading to do! :) So far I have resisted the urge to eat a doughnut while reading, but I'm sure before I'm done with the series I will give in!

No comments:

Post a Comment