Sunday, February 25, 2018

REVIEW: Return to Labyrinth Vol 4

Return to Labyrinth Vol 4
Author: Jake T. Forbes
Illustrations: Chris Lie

I have had the first 3 volumes of this manga series by Tokyo Pop on my library shelf for several years. I never could find a copy of Vol 4 at a reasonable price. Because this year I am challenging myself to read more books from my shelves, I decided to try one more time to find the final book. And, I did! I found a copy at a normal price (not $35 and up like on ebay). I expected to receive a mostly dead , damaged used copy, but that was fine with me. At least I would be able to read it! I was pleasantly surprised today when the book arrived. It's brand new & beautiful!!! I was SO excited to finally get to read the finale of this series! I've gone years now not knowing how the tale ends!

Toby has been named the new Goblin King, but he's completely unsure of himself. Jareth is trying to gain control over Sarah through a new character named Moppet, who unbeknownst to her, is key to Jareth's plans. And then there is Queen Mizumi who wants control over the Labyrinth. The clock is ticking. Jareth has to win a bet with the queen or lose his kingdom.....and time is running out.

I loved this book! As far as I am concerned, it ended perfectly. The art is wonderful. I like the combination of anime style characters and fantasy characters from the movie. This series is American style manga reading from left to right, not right to left as in the Japanese style. I don't mind the American style. I love Labyrinth, so I don't care if it reads one way or the other.  I just want to enjoy the story! The cover is gorgeous. And, I finally have the entire series! Yay!

Now I will have all 4 books on my keeper shelf! :) Finally!!


No comments:

Post a Comment