Tuesday, February 6, 2018

REVIEW: Tricky Blueberry Murder

Tricky Blueberry Murder
Author: Susan Gillard

Heather Janke travels across town to visit a family friend at Hillside Manor, a local nursing home. She brings a box of doughnuts from her shop, Donut Delights, and expects a nice visit with Leila Howard. Unfortunately, all the residents are a bit subdued, even Leila. One of the nurses, Betty Shivers, is dead -- murdered just outside the doors to the nursing home. Heather investigates, as usual, discussing her efforts with her hunky detective boyfriend, Ryan Shepherd. It seems there are three people who might have had motive to harm Betty....but the evidence just doesn't seem to really point to any of them. Who killed Betty? And why?

Tricky Blueberry Murder is the 4th book in the Donut Hole Mystery series. The title really has nothing to do with the story,other than the fact it's doughnut related. But, that isn't really important. The mystery this time was a little tricky to solve, so I guess that's where the title ties in. These books are short, quick reads that move at a fast pace. There is a bit more character development in each one, so I'm learning about the main characters as I go along. There are 60 books in the series.....so by the time I'm all done reading I should know just about all there is to know about Heather, Ryan and the gang. Each book seems to be improving on the one before.....so I'm liking this series better as I move up the list.

I've had the ebook versions of this series waiting on my TBR for a long time. Glad to finally be reading them! I had to take my car to the garage this morning, and read this book as I sat waiting for them to finish fixing it. It was a perfect, short read while I was waiting. :) This series is entertaining and the books are all light, quick reads. Not a lot of details....but a quick cozy mystery fix. I will definitely be reading more of this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment