Tuesday, February 20, 2018

REVIEW: A Mortal Likeness

A Mortal Likeness
Author: Sarah Joh Rowland


A Mortal Likeness is the second book in the Victorian Mystery series. I have not yet read the first book, The Ripper's Shadow, but was easily able to follow the plot and characters in this story. So, it isn't necessary to have read the first book to enjoy this newest book in this series. There are references to the first book, however. I very much enjoyed this book, so I'm going to backtrack and read The Ripper's Shadow.

Sarah Bain is a photographer and a detective. Sarah is hired by Sir Gerald Mariner to find his infant son, Robin. Sir Gerald says the boy has been kidnapped, but the case turns out to be much more complex than a child abduction. As Sarah and her partner investigate the baby's disappearance, some secrets from Sarah's past complicate things. The story moves at a nice pace and builds suspense. Some nice twists and turns definitely kept my interest for the entire story. There is also some character development for Sarah in this newest book, along with a bit of romantic tension as well.

The cover art is excellent! The cover is what first got my attention and made me want to read this book. :)

I'm going to read The Ripper's Shadow now! I like the characters in this series, and can't wait to read the next book!

Sarah Joh Rowland is also the author of the Secret Adventures of Charlotte Bronte series and the Sano Ichiro series.

**I voluntarily read an advance readers copy of this book from Crooked Lane via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment