Friday, March 30, 2018

REVIEW: Let Me Lie

Let Me Lie
Author: Clare Mackintosh

Anna's parents committed suicide. They both jumped from Beachy Head a few months apart. Close to the anniversary of her mother's death, Anna receives a cryptic note. 

Suicide? Think again.

She begins to think that maybe her parents were murdered. Maybe they didn't both leap to their deaths from the cliff and take that long plunge into the sea. 

She finds one retired police officer willing to listen to her. But everyone else thinks maybe she is losing her mind. Maybe the grief is just too much for her to bear. 

But Anna knows something is wrong.....and she is determined to find out what. 

Wow.....this book is a twisted, suspenseful mind-bending thriller! As I read, I had a theory about the way I thought the story would end. I was completely wrong....but the ending was magnificent anyway! Loved it! This story has plenty of suspense, moves at a good pace and contains more than enough twists, turns and surprises to keep readers turning the pages until the very end! I even looked up information on Beachy Head so I could picture the area. The cliff is steep....and that's a horrendous drop! And, unfortunately people do commit suicide by jumping from the top. :( 

This is the first book by Clare Mackintosh that I've read. I will definitely be reading more! Great thriller! (And yes...I mean all of those exclamation points. I really enjoyed this book!)

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from Penguin via First To Read. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment