Wednesday, March 7, 2018

REVIEW: Who Moved My Goat Cheese?

Who Moved My Goat Cheese?
Author: Lynn Cahoon

When I saw the cover art and title to this new cozy mystery by Lynn Cahoon, I knew I had to read it. I enjoy cozies that have humor and a creative theme -- this one has both!

Angie Turner moves to Idaho to live in her grandmother's rural old farmhouse. She and her business partner, Felicia, are going to open a Farm-To-Table restaurant, The County Seat, in the nearby small town of River Vista. In fact, the restaurant is slated to open in a week when they hit a slight snag. The manager of the local farmer's market says he will not allow farmer's market vendors to sell to the restaurant. She meets with a local curmudgeon, Gerald Moss, who has a goat dairy and makes cheese. He agrees to sell his cheese to the restaurant. Angie feels a bit more optimistic about finding locally sourced foods after that initial success......until Old Man Moss is found murdered.

This book is a nice start to a new cozy series. I like the main characters. There are plenty of cute animals and a nice theme. The mystery moves at a nice steady pace. The Farm-to-Table theme doesn't overpower the mystery, but adds to the nice, cozy feel of the story. There were plenty of suspects and a couple twists to keep the suspense going, although I figured out who the murderer was pretty quickly...just not why. A nice beginning for a series! I will be reading more.

Lynn Cahoon also writes the Tourist Trap and Cat Latimer cozy mysteries.

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from Kensington via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**




No comments:

Post a Comment