Wednesday, March 28, 2018

REVIEW: The Mystery of One Wish Pond

The Mystery of One Wish Pond
Author: Dian Curtis Regan

I read a lot of middle grade books, especially mysteries. I like mystery stories, plus I have a granddaughter in elementary school. It's nice to find books that she might enjoy reading. And, children's books are wonderful, relaxing stories that I enjoy in between the adult horror, thriller and murder mystery books I like to read. After I finish a chilling, creepy book, I like to relax with a more light-hearted story. Middle-grade books are perfect!

The Mystery of One Wish Pond is the second book in the Ghost Twins series. Robbie and Rebeka accidentally drowned in the 1940's. Since then they haunt their old house and the Kickingbird Lake area, learning how to interact with things around them and the living. Sometimes they find a cool mystery to investigate. Even ghosts can be curious! The lake and their old house are now part of a tourist resort, so there is always something to investigate!

This series is so cute and fun to read. I like the fact that there are rules that the twins had to learn like they can touch things if no living thing is touching it at the same time. The twins had to learn what ghosts can do, and what they can't. Their house always has different families staying in it because it's part of a tourist resort, so the twins always have different people to watch and try to haunt.

This time the twins house is invaded by two boys and their Aunt Jenny. The boys encroach upon the twins' favorite room in the house, and their gazebo out back. They do their best haunting to try and take back their favorite spots. But soon they are on an adventure, following the boys on a camping trip to Mystery Island and investigating the legend of One Wish Pond!

There are 8 books in the Ghost Twins series. The books are all about 100 pages long or so. Nice length for a middle-grade student or a quick read for an adult. I enjoy this series as a bit of light-hearted relaxing reading in between the adult horror, murder mystery and thriller books I like to read. Refreshes my mind a bit before I jump back into scary stuff. :)

Dian Curtis Regan is the author of many books for kids including Jilly's Ghost and Liver Cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment