Friday, November 8, 2019

REVIEW: Blind Search

Blind Search
Author: Paula Munier

I have a very soft spot in my heart for books that involve K-9 officers. I'm not sure how I missed book 1 of this series, but I jumped at the chance to read a review copy of book 2! So glad I did...I can tell this series is going to quickly become one of my favorites!

Mercy Carr is a former Army MP. Her fuzzy sidekick, Elvis, is a retired bomb sniffing dog. They team up with local game warden Troy Warner and his search and rescue dog to investigate a killing. A young autistic boy was lost in the woods and may have witnessed the murder. Someone is after the boy now, too. So, the two dogs....and their two people....have to team up to protect the boy and catch a killer.

A reader could jump into this second book without reading the first story. There are enough clues to the characters, relationships and background stories to fill in any gaps. But, I am going to backtrack and read book one, then re-read this one. I want to get the whole picture! In fact, I have the first book, A Borrowing of Bones, waiting for me at the library.

The investigation moved along at a nice pace, with plenty of clues, suspects, twists and action. There are also some secrets, past relationships and a bit of drama in the character development. I like the setting in Vermont. And several of the side characters are just awesome! Henry is an awesome character. I hope he shows up in later stories!

All in all, a very entertaining reading experience. Well-written, suspenseful and engrossing! It definitely kept my attention from start to finish.

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St Martin's Press via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment