Monday, November 25, 2019

REVIEW: The Dog Who Knew Too Much

The Dog Who Knew Too Much
Author: Krista Davis

The Dog Who Knew Too Much is the 6th book in the popular Paws and Claws Mystery series. I always love a visit to Wagtail, a completely pet-friendly town. I love the characters, the setting and the plots in this series. Always a relaxing, entertaining, cozy read!

This time, all of Wagtail is excited because a famous pooch is coming to town. Pippin is called America's Favorite Dog. Turns out, the television celebrity dog is a bit naughty....always running off and not minding. Holly Miller from the Sugar Maple Inn and her dog Trixie join in the festivities. During an outdoor treasure hunt, the two dogs find a dead body.....   Not only does Holly have a murder to investigate, but someone shows up claiming ownership of Trixie. Plus, there is a dognapper in town! Yikes! Lots going on in Wagtail!

I enjoyed this book! The mystery moves along at a fast pace with lots of Wagtail quirkiness to make it fun. There are a couple subplots in this newest book, but they add to the mystery rather than over-powering the main plot. Trixie's past comes back to nip Holly.....that bit of the plot had me wanting to jump into the book and slap a certain scruffy character. As the owner of two rescued dogs who were abandoned by prior owners, I have deep-set emotions on the issue. If anybody showed up saying my dogs belonged to them......oh I'd be kicking some butt. Immediate. Butt. Kicking. I got so worked up I was talking to the character as I read portions of the book.....I won't repeat what I said. This is a cozy review. No cussing. No graphic threats of violence.

The front cover is colorful, cute and engaging as usual!

I'm giving this book full stars. Any book that has me grumbling and wanting to punch a side character, plus gets me so engaged in the plot that I binge read the story in one sitting deserves full marks!

Enjoyable read as usual! Cute animals. Light humor. Fun mystery. Fun setting. And cozy all the way. No spurting blood. No sex. No cussing. Just a nice, fun,entertaining read! Krista Davis always delivers! I am eagerly awaiting the next book!

**I voluntarily read an advance review copy of this book from Berkley via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment