Sunday, November 10, 2019

REVIEW: Tracking Game

Tracking Game
Author: Margaret Mizushima

This series is one of my favorites. I have a very soft spot in my reader's heart for stories that involve K-9 units. Margaret Mizushima always delivers an exciting, interesting, and often dangerous case for Mattie and Robo to investigate.

Tracking Game is the 5th book in the Timber Creek K-9 series. I enjoyed this newest adventure. The action started immediately and didn't let up until the very end. There are all different types of predators, both man and beast. This time, Mattie and Robo will face down both.

A reader could jump into this series at this new book and still enjoy the characters and the mystery. There is enough background given to understand basic relationships, past cases and all of the characters. But to get the full effect of the characters, prior relationships, some issues with Mattie's past, the town, etc., it might be best to start with book one and read the entire series.

I enjoyed the mystery this time. The case was interesting and had some sneaky twists here and there to spice it up. All in all, another great story in this series! I do have to say that I am getting a bit weary of the relationship problems between Mattie and Cole and the ongoing issues between Cole and his ex-wife. I think Mattie stressing about her past and its possible effect on her relationship, her parents, etc just needs to be wrapped up.... it's just dragging on too long. Either get together or don't.....   And while Olivia is important because of Cole and the kids, that side plot is getting old (for me anyway) and needs to be worked out so the plots can move forward and the characters develop past this point. But....I'm not a reader who reads a series for the romantic angle. I'm there for the investigation. Maybe someone who enjoys romantic stories would feel differently.

Very enjoyable addition to this series! I am eagerly awaiting the next book!

**I voluntarily read an advance readers copy of this book from Crooked Lane via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment