Wednesday, November 27, 2019

REVIEW: Paw of the Jungle

Paw of the Jungle
Author: Diane Kelly

Officer Megan Luz and her K-9 partner Brigit enjoy their patrol duties in Fort Worth, TX. Sometimes when the weather is nice and the day quiet, they like to go patrol a bit at the local zoo. But unfortunately, an animal napper is at work at their favorite hang-out. First a pair of valuable Macaws go missing.....then other animals disappear...even a black rhino. Who is stealing animals from the zoo? Officer Luz and Brigit are determined to catch the animal thief and bring peace back to their favorite patrol spot!

I enjoyed this latest visit with my favorite Texas crime fighting duo! The mystery is light, as usual...but this one had some interesting twists, lots of investigation and several suspects. The story moves at a nice pace, with the usual banter and humor. I like Megan as a main character. She's a bit snarky and mouthy at times, but dedicated to her job....and she wields a mean baton! Brigit is an awesome character as well. I enjoy the short chapters from her point of view. I imagine my dogs think the same sort of thoughts about me at times. Luckily, they don't chew my shoes. :)

This series is cozy-ish. The mystery/investigation plots are light...nothing graphic. But there is some minor cursing and adult situations. I recommend a bit of parental guidance before giving this series to a teen younger than 13. And...those who like their cozies strictly cozy.....be aware this one pushes past the usual cozy limits just a bit. No graphic sex scenes but there is some adult humor and a bit of cussing.

Another cute, entertaining read in this series. I can't wait for the next book!

**I voluntarily read an advance review copy of this book from St Martin's Press via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment