Saturday, November 23, 2019

REVIEW: Two Graves

Two Graves
Authors: Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

I enjoy the Agent Pendergast series by Preston & Child. In fact, I can pretty much just blanket statement it and say that I enjoy ANY book by Preston and/or Child. Action, adventure, investigation, intrigue, supernatural weirdness....they pretty much cover all of my loves in their books.

Two Graves is the 12th book in the Pendergast series. The action revs up immediately and doesn't stop for the entire book. Pendergast is out for revenge when his wife is kidnapped by a nefarious group of evil scientists. He pursues them to South America and makes a horrifying discovery about his wife's background. The story is quite gripping and definitely action-packed.

I thought this series would turn from this type of plot once the action with Pendergast's brother was concluded earlier in the series. But, this story sort of re-ignites that past storyline, but in an interesting way. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

There are currently 18 books (and a few short stories/novellas in between books) in this series, plus a new novel coming out in February 2020. Definitely read this series in order as the plots build on each other and there are some spoilers if books are skipped. There is also a new off-shoot series with Nora Kelly as the main character (with appearances by Corrie Swanson, too)

I listened to the audio book version of this story. The audio (Hachette Audio) is about 16.5 hours long and narrated by Rene Auberjonois. Auberjonois always gives a great performance and his portrayal of Pendergast is spot on as far as I am concerned. Great listening experience!

Another great book in the Pendergast series! I'm glad I decided to re-read this series from the beginning! :) On to the next....White Fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment