Monday, December 30, 2019

REVIEW: Dead in Dublin

Dead in Dublin
Author: Cate Murphy

When she finished up her military career, Megan Malone relocated to Dublin, Ireland. She works for Leprechaun Limos, driving tourists all over the city. It's about as far from her former military skills as she can get...but she loves it. Most days it's pretty routine....driving people here and there, giving a bit of touristy color and history to her clients. Until the day one of her passengers drops dead. A well-known restaurant and food critic, Elizabeth Darr, dies....after eating at a local restaurant. With the police investigating the eatery to  rule out food poisoning, Megan is concerned. The restaurant is owned by a friend, and she doesn't want its reputation ruined. She finds herself doing a bit of sleuthing to find out what actually happened to Elizabeth Darr. Who wanted the popular food critic dead??

I love this new series! The characters and setting are just fun and entertaining! Despite the fact that I can't properly pronounce any of the Irish names....I enjoyed this book! Megan is an interesting and intelligent main character. The side characters are quirky and entertaining. I'm not sure I would enjoy being a limo driver, but it might be a bit of fun to drive tourists around a city with such an interesting history and folklore behind it. I would definitely not want one of my passengers to drop dead before my very eyes though. Megan did a lot better job handling that situation than I would!

Great start to a new series! I will definitely be reading more! The second book in the Dublin Driver Mystery series, Death on the Green, will be out in September 2020.

**I voluntarily read an advance review copy of this book from Kensington via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment