Sunday, December 8, 2019

REVIEW: In a Dark, Dark Wood

In a Dark, Dark Wood
Author: Ruth Ware

I have been a big Ruth Ware fan ever since I read The Woman in Cabin 10 and The Death of Mrs. Westaway. I've had the rest of her books on my TBR list ever since....and I'm finally getting around to reading them!

I enjoyed this story of past friendships and hidden secrets. It's dark and disturbing. I wouldn't call this a thriller....more like a mystery of sorts, an unraveling of the past. Nora has tried for 10 years to leave her high school years behind her....and she feels she has. But then she receives an invitation to a girls weekend with her former best friend who is getting married. Nora hasn't talked to Clare since she left school. But it's just a weekend hen party....what could possibly go wrong?

Although I had a roundabout idea what the end was going to be.....I didn't guess the full darkness ahead of me. Ruth Ware always has horrible surprises in store every time I read her books! This story is no exception. The plot snuck up on me a bit....and the ending left me a bit traumatized. Great story!

I listened to the audiobook version of this story. The audio is just shy of 10 hours long and is narrated by Imogen Church. I've listened to several books narrated by Church and she always gives a top notch performance! Great listening experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment