Saturday, December 14, 2019

REVIEW: Shatter the Night

Shatter the Night
Author: Emily Littlejohn

Detective Gemma Monroe is shocked when a friend is killed in an explosion moments after she last spoke with him. He was receiving anonymous threats, so Gemma immediately jumps on the case to catch a killer. The case turns out to be incredibly complex, with other similar killings tying in with it. Is this a case of revenge? Or is a serial killer on the loose?

Shatter the Night is the 4th book in the Gemma Monroe series. This is by far the best in the series so far, in my opinion. The plot was suspenseful and engaging. There were plenty of suspects, and the case evolved at just the right speed to keep me reading. I couldn't put this book down....I was reading until 3 am to find out the killer's identity. I had a guess for how this story would end -- and I was completely wrong! I love it when a suspense novel surprises me!

This book can be read as a stand alone story, but to completely understand the characters, their relationships, etc...it really is best to read this series from the beginning.

Great book! I can't wait for the next story in this series! I like Gemma Monroe as a main character....she struggles with being a working mom but loves her job. I like all the side characters and the plots are always engaging.

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St. Martin's Press via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment