Wednesday, December 18, 2019

REVIEW: Death Without Company

Death Without Company
Author: Craig Johnson

In this second book in the Walt Longmire series, the sheriff is pulled into an investigation of a death at an assisted living facility. Former sheriff Lucian Connally is adamant that the woman was murdered, even though her death at first appears to be from natural causes. As he investigates, Longmire discovers a complex web of secrets and lies. As the case heats up, it becomes dangerous. There is a lot more to the death of Mari Baroja than just one poisoned elderly woman in a care home.

I love this series! I like the characters and the respectful depiction of native culture and beliefs. I enjoyed the television series based on these books/characters. I'm happy to finally be reading the books! I have to say...so far....I like the books a bit better than the television version. Vic is a bit more snarky. Henry is a bit more spiritual. Longmire is a complex mix of lonely widower, skilled investigator and small town sheriff. There is a nice mix of humor, quirkiness and skilled police work in the novels.

I listened to the audio book version of this story (Recorded Books). Narrated by George Guidall, the audio is just shy of 10 hours long. I enjoy Guidall's performances. He has a nice voice, reads at an even pace, and always gives a great acting performance.

There are 15 books in the Longmire series so far. Moving on to #3, Kindness Goes Unpunished! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment