Saturday, August 24, 2019

REVIEW: Dark Above

Dark Above
Author: Jeremy Finley

William Chance is hiding out following the events in The Darkest Time of Night. He's hiding from fear, memories, and the knowledge of what is coming. But he can't hide from his nightmares. Then he finds a girl who shares his nightmares and begins a cross country race to find the others....only they can stop the coming destruction. His grandmother, her best friend, and a host of other operatives work for a secret organization looking for these same people. They believe they need to be contained to prevent the apocalypse manufactured by an alien species.

Darkest Time of Night had me sitting on the edge of my seat, binge reading. And that same feeling continued with Dark Above. Filled with action and suspense, the book was like X-Files on speed. The Truth is out there....but you probably don't want to know what the truth is. My favorite characters are still Lynn and Roxy.....the feistiest, bravest senior citizens ever!

It isn't often that I like a sequel even more than the first book. I liked The Darkest Time of Night, but found the action and suspense even stronger in this second book. I sipped coffee and read into the early morning hours because I had to know how it ended! Another binge read -- you're killing me, Finley! I'm too old for all-nighters! ha ha I'd better rest up before you publish another book!

Not going to say much about the plot, because....spoilers. The story kept my attention from start to finish. The characters are driven, dedicated and....scared shitless most of the time. Great story!

I will definitely be looking for more from this author! He leaves the door open for a third book in the William Chance & Lynn Roseworth series....but I will be in line for his next book, regardless of what it is.

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St Martin's Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment