Tuesday, August 13, 2019

REVIEW: A Stranger on the Beach

A Stranger on the Beach
Author: Michele Campbell

Caroline seemingly has it all. A great husband, kids, dream job, and a brand new beach house to top it all off. She wants to show off her perfect life and perfect family. But....it's all a facade. Underneath everything, Caroline and her life are a hot mess. So, she has a fling to make herself feel better. But unfortunately a one night stand that means nothing to her means so much more to the bartender she uses for gratification. But not everything is as it seems...

This is the kind of book where it is perfectly ok to absolutely hate all of the characters. I enjoyed hating every single one of them. That very fact sucked me right into the story....it was like driving by an accident scene. You don't want to slow down and look....but you can't help it. I didn't want to feverishly read about these people's demented lives....but I couldn't stop myself. What a ride.....great story!

I couldn't put this book down. Suspenseful. Twisted. Unputdownable. Loved it! I stayed up until 2 am because I had to finish this story. I love it when a suspense novel has me thinking "Oh my God....how F'd up are these people!'' the entire time.  This is the first book by Michele Campbell that I've read....and I'm definitely reading her other two books, It's Always the Husband and She Was the Quiet One. A Stranger on the Beach was so stalkerishly creepy and twisted that I can't wait to find out what other demented creepiness this author has in store for me! She also has a new book coming out in 2020, The Wife Who Knew Too Much.

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from St. Martin's Press via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment