Wednesday, October 9, 2019

REVIEW: 29 Seconds

29 Seconds
Author: T. M. Logan

Alan Hawthorne is a college professor, television personality...and a reprehensible human being. He
treats the female professors he works with abominably. Sexual harassment is just the tip of the ice
berg. It makes Sarah's job a living hell....but she has to endure it or face annihilation of her career. One afternoon she sees a little girl in danger and takes action to protect her. Turns out the little girl is the daughter of a very dangerous man. That man offers her a burner phone and 72 hours to think things over. Then she can pick one person. And he will make them disappear. Forever. Poof. Gone.

Just a few seconds. One decision that could change her whole life......and would definitely change the life of whoever she chooses. Yes......or no.

Holy crap this book was one hell of a ride! I've read one other book by T. M. Logan, so I expected this to be suspenseful and twisted. And I was right! The story sucked me in from the start. I cannot even imagine working for the pig that Sarah had to put up with day in and day out.....but on the other hand, I couldn't imagine facing the choice that Sarah has thrust in her lap either. And she only has 72 hours to decide if she accepts the offer.....or declines.

I thought I had things figured out.....and then the ending hit me upside the head. Nicely done! I love it when a story has a fun last snap or two!

Another great read from T. M. Logan! Lies was good.....29 Seconds, in my opinion, is even better!
I'm definitely looking forward to more by this author!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St Martin's Press via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment