Wednesday, October 2, 2019

REVIEW: Alien Superstar

Alien Superstar
Author: Lin Oliver, Henry Winkler

A young alien makes his way to Earth. He lands in the perfect spot -- Universal Studios in CA. It isn't long before he is cast in a show about aliens for kids. Buddy learns lessons about friendship and being yourself....even when you have six eyes, three lungs and suction cup feet!

Until I read a review copy of this book, I had no idea Henry Winkler writes children's books! This was such a cute story with excellent life lessons (and corny jokes) for kids that I am sure I will be reading more of the books he writes with Lin Oliver! So cute!

Some of the story and humor was repetitive, but this is a book written for middle school children, not adults. I read it as such and enjoyed the fun antics and silliness. It was a nice palate cleanser after the heavier adult fiction I usually read. This story definitely put a smile on my face. I think elementary age kids would definitely enjoy Buddy the Alien and his rise to fame.

Cute story! I will definitely be reading more by this writing duo!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Abrams Kids via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment